Poultry Diagnostic and Research Centre is one of the important supportive activities of Venkateshwara Hatcheries Group. The central lab started functioning in early 1980′s. The laboratory shifted to its own campus in 1985 wherein there is a complete setup required for various activities such as disease diagnosis, bacterial and viral isolations, serological monitoring, hatchery hygiene monitoring, etc. This laboratory is equipped with competent technical personnel who are experts in various technical fields. Today, PDRC is one of the premier institutes in India, with the best facilities for confirming various problems in poultry under one roof.
In addition to its main laboratory at Loni Kalbhor, outside Pune, it has zonal laboratories at locations such as Hyderabad, Bangalore, Panchkula (Chandigarh), Nammakal, Bhubaneshwar and others forming a network of 35 laboratories all over the country. Our Franchisees in various zones also provide technical services through their respective laboratories.
PDRC and its regional labs are equipped with sophisticated equipment to conduct disease monitoring for virological, bacteriological, and nutritional aspects. Disease diagnostic services are rendered free of cost. Farmers can avail technical assistance irrespective of their breed that they patronize.
Research and development programs are an ongoing activity to take care of emerging and re-emerging diseases.
1. To provide diagnostic services to commercial poultry farmers/breeders
2. To carry out research on poultry pathogens and prevention of diseases
3. Serological monitoring of breeder flocks
4. To carry out feed analysis for toxin and proximate principles
Major Activities of PDRC
1. Poultry disease surveillance and monitoring
2. Poultry disease diagnostic services
3. Analytical services – feed and water
4. Research on emerging and re-emerging diseases
5. Development of diagnostics for various pathogens
6. Antibiotic and pesticide residue analysis in eggs and fish samples
7. Training and extension programs
8. Collaborative research projects