Dr BV Rao Institute of Poultry Management and Technology has been a success story since its inception. A dream conceived by a visionary, metamorphosing into reality has been a milestone per se, but the recognition that the institute has earned over time qualifies as the hallmark of innumerable achievements.
The Institute reverberates with dynamic ideas to keep pace with the latest information’s and technologies in its field. The Efforts of the people involved with the Institute have yielded great results.
Some of the Important Landmarks till date are:
- Setting up of placement cell to assist fresh candidates seeking employment.
- Providing consultancy services.
- Receiving sponsorship from Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) of United Nations to impart special training to senior officers from Bangladesh and Vietnam.
- Training candidates from various countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Middle East etc.
- conductingÂ customized training programs for the government of India, as well as Private Sector Organizations.
- Providing Tailor made programs for clients like Director, Animal Husbandry, AP; NABARD, Mumbai; M/s Godrej Agrovet Industries, Mumbai; M/s Hoechst Roussel Vet Pvt Ltd, Pune, etc.
- Providing professional training to young executives in the Venkateshwara Hatcheries Group.
- Being able to develop self-sufficiency in the students to enable them to become independent and successful entrepreneurs and poultry farmers.
- Organizing “Farmers workshops” to expose Small and Medium Farmers to newer horizons in Poultry Industry and latest developments in Poultry Science.
- Organizing programs on housing and welfare of animals.
- Receiving a grant from NABARD, Mumbai to reinforce the Research and Development Facilities.
- Being recognized asÂ “Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) ” by the government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology.